Thursday, November 10, 2011

Poppyseed Chicken Casserole Recipe

Last night I had a lot of canned chicken that needed to be used, and Campbell's cream of chicken and mushroom soups are on sale, so I went to my go-to chicken casserole recipe.  It's creamy and crunchy and I eat way too much when I fix it.  I love it because most of the ingredients are already in my pantry.
Poppyseed Chicken Casserole


4 Chicken breasts(or canned chicken)
1 16 oz. carton of sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 sleeve buttery crackers
2 tbsp butter or margarine
Poppy seeds


Boil chicken breasts until done.  Shred or cut into bite-sized pieces and place at bottom of square casserole dish.  If you're using canned, just drain and toss it in the bottom.  Mix sour cream & 2 cans of soup and spread over chicken.  Crush crackers and spread them on top.  Melt butter and sprinkle over crackers.  Sprinkle poppyseeds on top.  Bake at 350 for about 30 min., or until top is brown. 

You can serve it over rice if you want. Serve with the veggie of your choice, or whatever your child will actually eat!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment